A Handy Social Media Graphics Guide You Never Knew Existed!
We all can agree on the fact that social media is not easy at all! It takes a lot of work to establish a digital presence for your brand, and it all starts with boosting your socials. If you are already struggling each day to make your post viral, you may be lacking the integral knowledge of social media graphics. A good graphic can make your social post ten times more appealing and engaging to the user’s eye. That’s why they say visual content wins every single time!
Every business, whether big or small, must have a digital presence on famous social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, etc. An effective social media strategy is the key to unlocking new customers and retaining existing ones. Without solid graphics backing up your socials, you may never lead the road to digital success. If you are wondering how to introduce graphics in your social, then this guide is perfect for you! Read on to learn all the ins and outs of social media graphics and make your business thrive on social media.
What is a social media graphic?
Around 4 billion are using social media worldwide, and making your brand visible to them is no less than an achievement. Social media graphics is just the ladder you need to get closer to this achievement. Social media graphics are all the glimpses of the visual content that you see online, which is shared widely via social networks. People these days share these graphics widely on Instagram Stories, Linkedin Infographics, Facebook Photos, Instagram Reels, Twitter gifs, and Pinterest Pins.
Social media graphics include designing the creatives with extensive planning and analysis. The idea is always to create a graphic that gets the attention of the target customers. It’s important to know that graphics for every social media platform differs in size, type, content, creativity, pictures and more. Social post graphics may have typography, photography, illustrations, motion graphics, and whatnot. The field of graphics keeps evolving in its types, variations, trends, etc.
What are the various types of social media graphics?
The choice of social media graphics depends on the specific goals of the businesses, their target audience, and the social platform that they are using. Based on that, there are many famous types of graphics used widely. Some of them are:
Infographics are social media graphics that combine texts and images to present complex information or data. These types of graphics are made in such a way information looks concise and easy to understand. Such graphics use engaging and striking visuals to communicate effectively. Such posts are made by designers to illustrate and present data, facts, and figures.
Quote Graphics are one of the leading types of social media graphics that are widely shared over the internet. It involves eye-catching visuals that surround inspiring or thought-provoking quotes. These graphics convey a single message to a mass audience effectively. Today, people share these graphics on their WhatsApp statuses, stories, profile pictures, and other mediums.
Animated Graphics are the best storytelling graphics that simplify concepts and make them appealing to understand for the target audience. In these graphics, the visuals incorporate movement or animation like gifs, short video clips, etc. These graphics easily catch and hold the attention of the users and are highly shareable.
A humorous appeal sticks into the mind of the audience and grabs the attention of mounds and mounds of the public. Humorous or satirical graphics typically include a catchy caption. Memes are widely shared and can be a fun way to engage with your audience. Your business social account can always engage with trendy memes to stay up to date and reserve more likes and shares.
Promotional graphics are the graphics that are used to design creatives for the promotion of specific products or services. Many social media marketing executives also use them to promote events and campaigns. These creatives are designed with compelling visuals, persuasive texts, and catchy colours that encourage the audience viewing it to take action.
Visual Stories/ Carousels
Visual Stories/ Carousels are sequential graphics that convey a story or showcase a series of images or videos. These forms of graphics are commonly used on platforms like Instagram, Linkedin, Snapchat, and Facebook. Such graphics allows users to swipe through the content and consume the story till the end. Content plays a big role in these carousels and story graphics.
Besides all the aforementioned graphics, there are other types of social media graphics as well, like Data Visualisations, User-Generated Content, Line graphics, etc. It wholly depends on the business and its particular social network requirements when it comes to deciding the right graphic for its social platforms.
Must-know benefits of Social Media Graphics
There are many significant benefits that your business experiences with a good graphics strategy. It can make make your brand stimulate conversations, engagement, conversions, and whatnot! Here are all the benefits of social media graphics for your business:
- It creates a consistent and presentable social feed of your brand. All the social media platforms of your business follow a colour theme that looks appealing to the viewers.
- Good visual content attracts more audience to your channels, thereby increasing conversion chances. Any social post, ad creatives, and story content aim at grabbing the attention of a maximum number of people.
- Having your business’s social strategy backed up with strong graphics can increase the credibility of your business. It shows that every social media post from your company will be credible and meaningful.
- Alluring graphics are sharable and reaches more audience than the business intended to reach. The most common example of sharable social media graphics comes from Instagram posts and reels.
Top 10 social media graphic design principles that you must follow
Every business competes with thousands of businesses on social media to grab the attention of their target audience. But not every business is winning it; ever wondered why? It’s because not everyone follows social media design principles for their creatives. Here are the top 10 principles in social media graphics that you must not miss!
- Using brand colours– You must always use your brand colours consistently to make them stick in your audience’s mind. However, there should also be a balance between the colour of your image and your brand colour to make it look effortless!
- Diversify your graphic content– The digital presence of your business cannot be made on just one platform. Therefore, your business must always diversify its content across all social platforms with different ideas and strategies.
- Use fine templates– Every social media platform has its size requirements for posts. This calls for a need to design a template for every social post and story. Doing so saves your time and effort in designing new post content.
- Choose fonts that reflect your brand– A font hold the ability to bring life to your design’s message. Your chosen fonts must be the embodiment of your brand’s character and personality.
- Select backgrounds with enough copy space-Your created design must have a clear copy space or empty space to incorporate the text neatly. It must not look messy and forced and must convey the message with conviction.
- Illustrate data with infographics– Infographic content drives 12% more traffic for the business. If your business is willing to present data-driven content, then using infographic content is the key to grabbing eyeballs.
- Try placing your logo consistently– You must always place your logo with a consistent size on almost every graphic of your company. You can change the alignment of the logo but try to accommodate it with every social media creative.
- Use filters that highlight your brand picture– Applying a filter in your posts and stories enhance your brand identity and makes it unique. There are some filters that brighten up your images and make them look sharp. Use such filters accordingly to your image requirements.
- Create social posts around trendy hashtags– A creative post around a trendy hashtag grabs more attention than regular posts. Try designing a trendy hashtag post with a touch of your brand identity to keep your audience hooked.
- Always include a call to action (CTA)– A call to action tells the audience the action that they must take after consuming the content. You must include a short, crisp, and compelling CTA in your creatives as per your marketing strategy.
Why hire professionals for social media graphic designing instead of DIY?
While there are many graphic designing tools available online, we may still feel the need to opt for the services of a professional social media graphic designer. The reason is simple! We cannot do it all. The whole idea of ranking visual content is to bring diversity and excellence together. And it is only possible when you choose to hire a professional graphic designer. Here are all the reasons why their services are a must in the era of visual content:
- Skillset and Expertise– Professional social media graphic designers have specialised skills and expertise in creating visually appealing and effective graphics. They have a good hold on graphic designing tips, which makes their work stand out.
- Brand Knowledge– Professional designers possess brand knowledge that helps them design creatives aligning with brand objectives. They can ensure that their graphics reflect the brand identity, using appropriate colours, fonts, and visual elements.
- Scope of customisation and creativity– With years of knowledge in the field, professional designers have the experience to design graphics tailored to the brand’s needs. They can easily brainstorm ideas and shape them in their graphics.
- Speed and efficiency– When you design the graphics yourself, it may take hours or even days to finish it. But when your hire a professional, you can expect the creatives to be made within the given deadlines.
- Professional tools and resources- Graphic designers have access to professional design software, resources, and libraries that enhance the quality and versatility of their work. They even stay up-to-date with the latest trends in their field.
Let your business's social media flourish with the expert graphic designing services at Webgross!
Webgross is one of the leading graphic designing companies in Delhi, with a team of expert graphic designers and social media experts. We have been making designing and implementing the social strategies of business for years now. Our creative enthusiasts know all the ins and outs of social media graphic designing, enabling us to bring quality designs that grab maximum eyeballs.
Besides graphic designing, we are also the first choice of our clients for reliable social media marketing services in Delhi. We assist brands in developing a compelling business strategy that drives traffic to your socials. Reach out to us to get your social media creatives designed at competitive prices now!